Cross-industry success principles for excellent sales of digital products & services
Status quo: Today, the classic, product-oriented portfolio of offerings from manufacturing companies is increasingly being supplemented by digital products & services, such as applications to increase operational efficiency, digital platforms and assistants, or remote/AR services.
Conflict: While the technical development of the functionalities already works in many cases, the sale of digital products and services in particular presents the greatest challenges in digital business. Many companies are not yet able to monetize their digital products & services.
Perhaps you have asked yourself one of the following 7 questions, too:
- Which customer (segments) have the greatest potential for our digital products & services?
- How should the digital service portfolio be designed, if necessary also in connection with service level agreements, and how can this be priced on a value basis and in a comprehensible way?
- What measurable added value can I really deliver to my customers via digital products & services and how can this be communicated in the best possible way via sales?
- Which (omni-)channels should be selected for the sale of digital products and services and how should these be coordinated?
- How must management, motivation and incentive systems be adapted for the sale of digital products and services, and how can potential conflicts between product, service and digital business be avoided?
Solution: As part of the innovation project ” Vertriebsexzellenz digitaler Produkte & Services “, we are working together in a cross-sector consortium of around 15 industrial companies to develop strategies, measures and methods to increase success in the sale of digital products & services by at least 50%!