2. March 2020
Smart Product Development in Medical Technology
Be one step ahead of your competitors in the development and approval of medical services and products.
The consortium project “Smart MedTech Development” aims to support companies in the development of innovative products and smart services while remaining agile and compliant to the latest MDR. After all, in addition to the MDR, a rapidly growing market as well as increasing and rapidly changing customer requirements are forcing companies to address and keep customers by providing them continuously with new products and services. This if further complicated by the fact that there is a lengthy development and approval process for innovations, which could be further extended by MDR in the future.
Within the project, it will be shown how innovative agile development methods can be applied to the field of medical technology while adhering to the MDR. It is important to also include the MDR specifications for quality management, technical documentation and post-market surveillance in the project, because these were often overlooked in the past by those responsible and now require special attention.
Your advantages as a project participant
As a participant of the “Smart MedTech Development” project, you can be sure of the expertise of the project consortium: The RWTH Institutes for Applied Medical Technology (AME), for Industrial Management (FIR) and the Machine Tool Laboratory (WZL), as well as our experts from the Center Smart Services who provide the necessary experience in digital product development, work together with you and a hand-picked consortium on easy-to-implement development methods. By actively participating in the project you will benefit from:
- detailed knowledge of promising methods of product development and Smart Service development,
- a maturity model for the analysis of your own business processes with special focus on development,
- a review if your company in the areas of MDR, Smart Services and agile development and determination of precise target values,
- a catalogue of solutions tailored to your needs, which supports you in the successful development of innovative products and services,
- valuable connections to other medical technology companies and
- best practice examples that illustrate how innovation management in smart medical technology is successful.
If you too would like to become an expert for product and service innovation in the medical technology industry, become part of this unique project! Find out more about the project and how to participate here!