28. September 2020
Your way to a successful sales network
Dealers and service partners are important strategic and operational partners for many machine and plant manufacturers, as they form the link between manufacturer and customer along the customer journey. They have a decisive influence on sales success and long-term customer loyalty through professional after-sales service.
Digital products present new challenges to the previously established structures of manufacturer, dealer and service partner as well as customer. Digital products offer customers direct added value and provide manufacturers with the opportunity to gain insights into the usage phase of their products. At the same time, dealers have little interest in selling digital products due to the high distribution costs of digital products and the small sales volume compared to machines.
Together with you, we will tackle these challenges of indirect sales of digital products and work with you to build a successful sales network for the future.
The objective of the consortium project “indirect sales” is the determination of success and design factors for the optimal design of your dealer network. Together with our consortium consisting of
We define challenges for leading companies in various industries and work out a solution together. In doing so, we draw on the many years of experience of the FIR at RWTH Aachen University and the Smart Services Center.
– We identify success factors and recommendations for the design of your dealer network.
– Together with you, we design balanced target systems for the OEM, dealer and service partner
– We design your individual sales concept to the complexity of networked machines and digital products, taking into account new as well as existing channels.
– Together with you, we develop a guideline for the implementation and design of a successful sales organization.
At the beginning, the consortium jointly defines the focal points for the topic “Indirect Sales of Digital Products” and the partners of the FIR at the RWTH Aachen and the Center Smart Services then analyze your dealer network. Together in the consortium, we work out the necessary design elements for a sustainable dealer network and conduct individual workshops for the implementation of the measures. During the 12-month project duration, our team will take over the project organization and management and provide technical input.
Your advantages as consortium partner
– Success factors and recommendations for designing your dealer network
– Individual workshops to implement the identified recommendations
– A free participation in the Sales Summit Event 2021
– cross-industry cooperation and exchange with top companies
– Minimum effort with maximum benefit through the coordination of the consortium project by the project team of the Center Smart Services.
– Experience and expertise of our project team and access to the RWTH Aachen Campus Network